Thursday, November 15, 2012

Creative Differences

A few months back, fabulous cartoonist Jennifer Camper  invited me to do a full page comic for the Women's Review of Books. It had to include books, publishing, writers and women. I always love a good challenge and of course, these are topics I (and the Militant Recommender) feel strongly about. One thing that drives me crazy is that almost every title that gets published these days seems to be part of a series...so, even though I do read series, I am also excited when I read a great book and it is a stand alone (Scorpio Races, Break My Heart 1,000 Times, anyone?). Here's the cartoon I came up with.

7 comments:

  1. You always make it look so deceptively easy, Stephanie. I love your comics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the huge compliment, Rod! I am a fan of your great work and graphic stories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Isy! I had fun drawing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the two comments above! And I also agree with your thinking about the series, and/or writing what is not your voice. I gotta be me! And that's what I did, and who I am, in the memoir I just finished! Can you say Alleluia?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You finished your book, Becky!!! Yay!!! Can't wait to read it! And yes, it's like whenever I pick up a book and I'm excited about it...then I get to the end...and , guess what, there are going to be 5 more!!! I guess partly I hate the waiting, too. Because I have read some series after they were all in print, and that's the best way to read them, I believe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your enthusiasm, Stephanie! The book won't be out until most likely late spring 2013. That sounds awfully far away, but I also know that's how "The Biz" works! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete