Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Movies That Speak to You

And I don't mean like hearing voices or  like when the actors on the screen turn and say "What do YOU think, Stephanie" like they do in Truffaut's "Fahrenheit 451"!
Everyone has their favorite movies, the ones they can watch over and over. I've talked about "Sliding Doors", "Duets" , "Love Actually", "Ginger and Cinnamon" and "Southbounders" which are 5 of my all time favorites. Below, is one more of my favorites complete with trailer through the ever miraculous miracle of YOUtube embedding!
This is a movie I first saw in the theater then bought a copy and even got a copy for the library. "I'm Not Scared" is an Italian movie exquisitely filmed and with a fabulous score and a terrific cast led by Giueseppe Cristiano as Michele, a good hearted 9 year old boy who lives an ordinary life with his little sister and attractive parents in the countryside. Until one day...something happens to change his perceptions of everyone and everything around him. I'm not giving anything away. The trailer may give away a bit too much. You want to see this film and be surprised. And, maybe, jump out of  your seat.

Check it out, sometime, via netflix or wherever you see movies.
I'll post some more of my favorites when I have more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment